how to play Jenga game (pieces,rules,make giant game)
Looking for a strategic game for your kids that will develop the mental and physical strength with some fun time? Jenga game is such a game, where your kids have to setup several blocks and create a building to make the building fall at last. Well, seems it requires some strategy, right? In this article, I will discuss a few important things you need to know about Jenga.
Pieces in Jenga
For playing Jenga you need 54 wooden pieces, mostly known as blocks. Without these playing pieces, you can’t imagine playing Jenga. At the starting of the game, the players have to build a building by setting these blocks one by one. And the game will end when the building falls due to imbalance. So you can imagine the vitality of these pieces in the Jenga game.
Jenga game rules
You need to set up the Jenga tower and play the game according to the rules. That’s why I’m providing the rules of the Jenga game below.
Set up the blocks to build the tower
- The most important part of the Jenga game is to set up the tower. Why it is so important? Well, it is so important because without setting up the tower you can’t even start the game. So first of all you have to build a tower with the hard wooden blocks. The tower will be made with 18 levels and each level will include 3 blocks.
- Now how should we set up a Jenga game tower? Or what procedure should we follow to set up a Jenga game tower? Well, at first you need a loading tray was the foundation of the tower or the first level of the tower is going to set up. You have to clear the space for setting up the tower and then place the loading tray in that place first.
- Now you have to follow certain rules to stack the block on the loading tray. I have already mentioned that there will be 18 levels in the tower and each level will contain 3 blocks. So you have to place three blocks on the loading tray first. Then place again stack three blocks over the first level. Thus you will build a tower consisting of 18 levels.
- But there is a thing that you should know before stacking the blocks over and over. The angle of the blocks would be opposite from the angle of the previous level. Suppose, you have stacked blocks from east to west in the first level. So the blocks of second-level are needed to be stacked from north to south.
- This way you have to stack three blocks in each level and build a tower of 18 levels. After your stacking of blocks is finished remove the loading tray. Remember your tower must stand by itself even after removing the loading tray.
Start to play
- Once the tower is built, it’s time to begin the main gameplay. Here the task is to take a block from the tower and stack it on the top until the tower falls. The person who built the tower gets the first chance to take a block and place it on the top. He can take only one block at a time.
- A person can take any block from the tower except the one below the incomplete level of the tower. He can use only hand to remove the block and place it on the topmost level. But yes he can change his hand whenever he likes. As the game proceeds on some blocks will get loose and you can choose the loose ones for removing.
- How you can select or choose the loose blocks easily? Well, you can touch a block from one hand and check whether it is easy to remove or not. If it is not then replace it in its position and remove the looser one. You have to complete the three-block level for stacking the removed blocks before going to another level. This removing and stacking will continue until the tower falls.
The game comes to an end
- The game will be finished as soon as the tower falls. The players will be removing blocks and stacking these blocks on the top of the tower. This will affect the construction of the tower and will continue to lose balance. This way, once the tower will completely lose its balance and fall.
- The person, who makes the tower fall, will be the loser of the game. And the person, who successfully stacks the last block on top of the tower, will be declared the winner. The loser of the game will get the opportunity to set the tower for the next game.
How to make giant Jenga
For having enhanced fun it’s better to make a giant Jenga set instead of buying a Jenga set. To play giant Jenga you need a big space and pieces of wood to make giant playing pieces. Well, the process of making a giant Jenga set is not so difficult and it will become a lot easier for you if you follow the steps given below.
- Take the wood you brought for making the playing pieces. You can use an electric saw or hand saw for cutting the playing pieces.
- Mark the wood and then cut them one by one to make the pieces. Remember to make the playing pieces in perfect shape, unless you will find them falling now and then during the game.
- After cutting the pieces you need to make the sides smoother by using sand. You can use electric sand for a faster and more accurate result instead of normal sand.
- Now it’s time to select the area where you are going set up or build the tower of blocks.
- You have to take the larger piece among all the woods to make the platform of the Jenga game.
- To make the platform sturdy and ensure a strong base of the tower, you should build sidewalls with the woods around the platform. Finally, your giant Jenga set is ready
Why are thinking so much? Just go and make to Jenga set on your own to have fun with your kids by creating a high tower. This will let your kids develop their strategic thinking and provide fun at the same time.