Connect four game is a kind of strategic game that is played between two players. It is a great recreational game for the kids and the adults can also enjoy this game during their off hours for taking themselves into the childhood days.
This article comes with a review of best indoor and giant outdoor connect four games. In this list, I have kept, Yard game 4 Connect in a Row with Carrying Case on the top. It is built with a giant wooden board that comes with beautifully finished legs. To know more about this product and other ones you have to continue reading the article.
Our Top Picks
The board is made with premium wood and finished with natural stain. It includes a durable nylon carrying case.
This giant game set is made of high-quality lightweight and durable materials and it assembles within 2 minutes.
Jumbo-sized 4 in a row game, which is easy to assemble within a minute as it comes with included instructions.
It comes with 21 red and 21 yellow discs. It also includes 2 legs, slider bars and instructions.
This giant 4 in a row game is constructed with 100% wood. It includes a robust carrying case for easy portability.
It is made of durable, weather-resistant, BPA free high-density polyethylene. It comes with blue and yellow colored discs.
These coins are made from extremely durable plastic, which will never break. And it comes in 10 available colors.
It is made of sturdy premium wood and comes with a classic dark wood strain.
Best connect four game
1. Yard game 4 Connect in a Row with Carrying Case
Weight: 14.15 pounds
- Made with premium wood
- Beautifully finished legs with natural stain.
- Durable nylon carrying case
- Easy to set up and easily transportable.
This giant wooden board from Yard Games is made with premium quality wood and is finished with natural stain. The board measures 31 inches length and 23 inches in width. It stands 2.5 feet tall. The wooden construction, nicely finished legs, frames, and bottom bar makes it a perfect board.
This board includes a durable nylon carrying case that can hold 42 plastic coins. Among this coins, 21 are red and remaining 21 are blue. All these coins measure 3.5 inches in diameter. The giant board is easy to set up and also comfortably transportable.
2. ECR4Kids Jumbo 4-to-Score Giant Game Set
Model: ELR – 12521
Weight: 29.5 pounds
- An oversized version of classic 4 in a row game
- Easy to assemble
- Made of high quality durable and lightweight materials
- Easy to clean with warm water and mild soap.
This giant game set from ECR4Kids is an oversized version of classic 4 in a row game. Kids of over 3 years old will have great fun with this game. This game set is made of high-quality, lightweight and durable materials. You can assemble the product simply within 2 minutes.
The game set comes with 42 rings. This large-sized game set is designed in such a way that is usable in both indoor and outdoor condition. It has plastic edges for added safety. The board measures 47.6 inches in length, 17.7 inches in width, and 46 inches in height.
3. Giant 4 in a Row Connect Game – 4 Feet Wide by 3.5 Feet Tall
Model: GIANTVILLE – GIANT – 4
Weight: 31.5 pounds
- Giant version of classic 4 in a row connect game
- Great for indoor and outdoor parties
- Easy to use
- 42 game pieces included.
This is a giant version of classic 4 in a row connect game from Giantville. This giant-sized board measures 3.5 feet tall and 4 feet wide. It is a great fun element for both kids and adults. It is perfect for any kind of indoor or outdoor party.
The game set comes with colorful pieces of coins that enhance the fun. It is very simple to assemble this floor game set within a minute with the help of included instructions. You can test your brain skills and improve eye coordination with this game set.
4. Hasbro Connect 4 Games
Brand: Hasbro Gaming
Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Comes with disc dropping fun
- 21 yellow or golden and 21 red discs included
- 2 legs included
- Slider bar and instructions are also included.
This is a classic connect four-game set from Hasbro gaming. The set comes with disc dropping fun. It comes with red and golden color discs. It doesn't matter whether you are a kid or an adult the colorful disc is going to enhance the fun of course.
You can either choose the red colored discs or golden color discs. Then try to fill a row with four consecutive discs and this will brought the victory. The game includes grid, 2 legs, slider bar, 21 red discs, 21 yellow or golden discs and instructions.
5. GoSports Giant Wooden 4 in a Row Game
Model: CF – 2
Weight: 2.77 kg
- 100% wooden construction
- 42 extremely durable plastic coins included
- Includes a robust carrying case
- Setup within seconds.
This 4 in a row game from GoSports comes with 100% wooden construction. This wooden board is usable in both outdoor and indoor conditions. You can set it up within seconds and start playing. The game board measures over 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide.
The board is crafted from sturdy premium wood and painted white for a signature look. It includes total 42 plastic coins, where 21 coins are red and other 21 coins are blue colored. The coins will never break as they are made of extremely durable plastic. It also includes a robust carrying case for easy portability.
6. Amazonbasics Giant 4-In-A-Row Premium Plastic Game Set
Model: DS – J4SG01
Weight: 27 pounds
- Jumbo version of classic 4 in a row game
- Durable and weather-resistant
- Made of BPA free high-density polyethylene
- Easy to assemble.
This is a jumbo-size version of classic 4 in a row connect game. This giant size board is perfect for any outdoor parties and backyard camping. The board comes with a durable, weather-resistant design that is made of BPA free high-density polyethylene. It is safe for both indoor and outdoor use.
The board is easy to assemble. It includes 7 columns and 6 rows with open slots on top. It comes with yellow and blue color discs. The board measures 47 inches by 43 inches by 22 inches and it comes fully assembled. Whether you are an adult or a kid you can enjoy playing on the board.
7. GoSports Giant Four in a Row Replacement Game Coins
Weight: 0.67 kg
- Made from extremely durable plastic
- Perfect for 3 inches width game sets
- Available in 10 different colors
- Usable for any occasion.
This game coins from GoSports are made for giant size four in a row connect game set. The coins are made from extremely durable plastics. Because of the extremely durable construction the coins will never break.
These coins are specifically designed for GoSports' four in a row game sets only that comes with a diameter of approximately 3 inches. The coins come in mixed colors, so you can choose your favorite colors easily. You can use this coins for any occasional purposes easily.
8. GoSports Giant Portable 4 in a Row Game:
Weight: 12.34 kg
- 100% wooden construction
- 42 extremely durable plastic coins included
- Includes a premium carrying case
- Setup within seconds.
This giant size 4 in a row game from GoSports comes with 100% wooden construction. This wooden board is usable in both outdoor and indoor conditions. You can set it up within seconds and start playing. The dimension of this giant-size board is 3.5 inches in height and 4 inches in width.
The board is crafted from sturdy premium wood and features a classic far wood stain for a signature look. It includes total 42 plastic coins, where 21 coins are red and other 21 coins are blue colored. The coins will never break as they are made of extremely durable plastic. It also includes a premium carrying case for easy transportation.
9. SWOOC Games - Giant Four in a Row
Weight: 18.1 pounds
- Giant game board measuring 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide
- 60% quieter performance
- Constructed with high-quality New Zealand poplar wood
- Weather and water-resistant board.
It doesn't matter, whether you are buying this game board for the adults or kids, this can provide the same amusement to all of them. The giant size board measures 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide. The manufacturer crafted the board with the finest quality materials. They used high-quality New Zealand poplar wood to construct the table.
The construction assures the table won't split, crack, twist or warp. The materials used to construct the table are weather and water-resistant, which makes it an appropriate choice for both indoor and outdoor use. Unlike the most giant-sized 4 in a row game board, this board is a surprisingly a lot quieter one. It provides the same fun as the classic game, but in a 60% quieter environment.
To buy the right kind of indoor or giant outdoor connect four game for your kids is never an easy task as there are different types of game boards. That's why you need to know certain facts, which will help you in choosing the right one and I'm going to help you in this regard by providing such a few important facts below.
- Indoor or outdoor: First of all you have to decide whether you are going to enjoy this game inside your home or backyard because for the outdoor game the board should be constructed of durable materials and it's much better if it is weather resistant.
- Materials: Most commonly used materials to construct this connect four games are plastic and wood. For extra durability or outdoor purpose, I would recommend going with a plastic board.
- Different sizes: There are different sizes of game, but the most commonly used size is 7 × 6 grid. Other sizes are 5 × 4, 6 × 5, 8 × 7, 9 × 7, 10 × 7, 8 × 8 grid.
- Sturdiness: You won't be able to get enough fun in the backyard with a game that is not sturdy enough.
- Checkers: It doesn't matter whether the board is made of plastic or wood, the checkers are always made of plastic. The checkers should come in a diameter that allows the kids to grab easily.
- Disc colors: The discs will come in tow colors and you can select the color depending on your kid’s choice.
- Carrying case: It would be great if your connect four-game set comes with a carrying case. It will allow you to easily store the game and also ease the transformation process.
Connect Four Game FAQs
What is what is connect four games?
Connect four is a board game, which is played between two players. The game is played into 7 columns and 6-row containing grid. Each player chooses different colors of discs and tries to make a row of his own four discs.
How to play connect four game?
Connect four game is played in a 7 × 6 grid board. The player who puts four of his own discs in the gird in a row doesn’t matter whether it is vertically or horizontally or diagonally is going to win the game.
Connect four game board types?
There are different types of board used in connect four games. The most common board is 7 × 6 grid. Other boards are 5 × 4, 6 × 5, 8 × 7, 9 × 7, 10 × 7, 8 × 8 grid.
How many checkers are in connect four games?
There are total 42 checkers in connect four game. Among these checkers, 21 are red checkers and remaining 21 are black checkers.
You guys might have already found this article helpful if you are looking to connect four games. I have given a description of some indoor and giant outdoor connect four games that you might love to look at first. Then for thinking your easiness in choosing the right game, I have written a buying guide that will provide you the idea of what facts you need to consider before buying connect four games. Again I have answered some frequently asked questions by you. Overall, I think you guys will find this article very helpful and can easily choose the right kind of connect four games without having any further confusion.