Do you want to play lacrosse? And also want to score more and more goals? Then you need goals for the lacrosse game. This article is for you guys who are looking for the perfect lacrosse goals. I'm going to give you a clear idea of the best lacrosse goals.
Lacrosse is an old team sport played by the North American Indians. It is considered as one of the oldest team sport in the world. Two main things that are needed to play lacrosse is lacrosse stick and ball. The players try to get the possession of the ball by catching it with their lacrosse stick and then try to throw the ball into the goals. So there comes another main thing that is needed to play lacrosse and that is lacrosse goals. The team scores more goals wins the match in a lacrosse game.
Now I'm going to discuss some lacrosse goals (portable, youth) that offer you a better playing and scoring experience.
Best lacrosse goals
1. EZGoal Lacrosse Folding Goal, 6 x 6-Feet, Orange
- The goal has 1.5 inches powder-coated 17-gauge steel frame.
- It is 72 inches high and 72 inches wide.
- It has heavy-duty polypropylene UV-treated net.
- It comes with a patent-pending rock-solid folding mechanism.
Well, if you can keep patience, you will enjoy using the lacrosse goal. It won’t take much time to set up the frame but will do a bit of delay in attaching the net. It can withstand heavy shots with efficiency until the frame gets rush.
Key features discuss
This lacrosse goal from EZ Goal is one of the best quality lacrosse goals. For ensuring the longevity of the product, it has been built with excellent materials. EZGoals used 1.5 inches of powder-coated 17-gauge steel frame with rigid construction. As the product is made of high-quality materials, it offers you great durability throughout your whole career. It also offers you a folding system for easy setup. It takes just 2 seconds to unfold the goal and start your game. This goal is easy for carrying and transportation because of the flat fold system.
You can assemble the goal easily and no need to disassemble like other nets. Patent-pending rock solid has been used for the folding mechanism. The goal is designed with a sturdy steel frame. The net is made of heavy-duty polypropylene UV- protection. You can get this product in orange color. The regulation size of this goal is 6 feet in height and 6 feet in width. This folding goal from EZGoals weighs around 35 pounds.
- It requires no tools for installation.
- The construction forms a durable setup.
- Hard-hitting is possible in the heavy-duty net.
- It supports easy flat storage using the folding mechanism.
- It forms a stable setup with precision fit connections.
The frame is not rust-resistant.
2. GoSports Regulation 6' x 6' Lacrosse Net with Steel Frame
It comes with a premium 17-gauge alloy steel frame.
It measures 6 ft high, 6 ft wide, and 7 ft deep.
It has a high-density, high-quality netting system.
There is no-hassle Velcro available.
There is no question about the stability, because of the heavy-duty construction. Again, it doesn’t take much time to get assembled. Moreover, you won’t find it tough to transport because it doesn’t stand on the heavier side.
key features discuss
GoSports designed this portable goal, which is usable in any weather conditions. Again, it is designed in such a way that both kids and adults can use this goal. It is built with a 17-gauge tubular steel frame. It provides you great stability in the product. The net is designed with a heavy-duty and high-density netting system. These premium construction materials used in this product makes it a durable and affordable goal for players of any level.
It is a portable goal and you can easily set up and breakdown the product within a few minutes. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes to set up the product and start your game. Again there is not discomfort while dissembling or storing the product. This product is 6 feet in height, 6 feet in width and 7 feet in depth. You can have this goal in red color. This portable goal from GoSports weighs around 33 pounds.
- The net takes 5 to 10 minutes for assembly.
- It is superbly stable with an alloy steel frame.
- The netting system can withstand professional gaming and heavy shots.
- It is a portable net.
The netting system is not foldable.
3. Franklin Sports Deluxe Youth Lacrosse Goal
- The goal comes with a durable ABS frame.
- It has a pro-style polypropylene netting system.
- It measures 38 inches high and 38 inches wide.
- It is an orange-colored frame.
To be honest, it's more like a soccer net, not a lacrosse net. The strength needed on the netting system to withstand continuous shots from the lacrosse ball is missing in the set. It would be great if you use it for young players' soccer practice.
Ket features discuss
Franklin Sports designed this lacrosse goal especially for the kids and youth. Who are new in this lacrosse game needs to spend more time in the practice sessions. Because they don't know how to improve their game and score more goals. So what can be a better choice for their practice sessions than this lacrosse goal from Franklin sports. This product is built with an ABS frame that offers the durability of the product and ensures longevity also.
The net is constructed with a pro-style netting system. As it is designed for the youth lacrosse players, it allows you to set up easily within a few minutes and provides you with more time in the practice sessions. This product comes to you in orange color. The weight of this youth lacrosse goal is around 4 pounds only.
- The goal allows quick and easy setup.
- It improves the throwing and aiming abilities.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- There is an instruction manual for enhanced quickness in setup.
The net can’t take heavier shots from a lacrosse ball.
4. Brine Backyard Lacrosse Goal
- The goal comes with 1.5 inches powder-coated steel frame.
- It measures 6 ft high, 6 ft wide, and 7 ft deep.
- It comes with a 2.5 mm extension poly net.
- The package includes four heavy-duty net fasteners.
For school-going boys or young lacrosse players, this netting system will provide enough support. It doesn't take much time to install if you do the things accordingly. The net is strong enough to take the shots one after another without ripping off.
key features discuss
This product from Brine company is designed for backyard and practice use. If you want to improve your skills in the game through practicing in the backyard area, this goal can be a good choice. This goal is built with a 1.5 power coated steel frame. This backyard lacrosse goal includes a triple stitched binded 2.5mm high extension polyester net. It also has a lacking cord with the net. It provides you with four quick net fasteners.
This product comes to you in orange color. It is usable for any kind of adult player of a lacrosse game. The product dimension is 6 feet in height, 6 feet in width and 7 feet in depth. This product weighs around 36 pounds.
5. BSN Practice Lacrosse Goal and Net
- The goal frame comes with a 13-gauge, powder-coated alloy steel construction.
- It is 6 ft high, 6 ft wide, and 7 ft deep.
- The package includes a 3 mm nylon net with a back pocket.
- There are lacing cords and 9 mm ground anchors available.
You will surely be satisfied with the quality of the net. It has a top-class and heavy-duty construction, which supports even the heaviest shots. Till now, none of the users have found any difficulty installing it as the package includes required instructions and bolts.
key Features discuss
This product from BSN is designed for various purposes. If you are an attackman, then you can practice how to improve your ball throwing techniques in the goals. Again in case of a goalie, this goal provides you the opportunity to improve your gameplay in front of the net. This goal is built with a 13-gauge power coated steel frame. It has got an orange power-coated steel tubing system. It is easy to attach or detach the net because of the lacing rods on the inside front part.
It is great for use in grassy backyards and athletic fields. This product also offers you 3mm nylon netting system, which has a back pocket for easy retrieval of the ball. Product dimension is 6 feet in height, 6 feet in width and 7 feet in depth. This product weighs around 46 pounds and greatly usable for adults.
- The inclusion of a back pocket with the net provides a snug fit.
- It ensures a solid build quality.
- The netting system is easy to assemble.
- It forms a sturdy and stable setup.
The frame is prone to scratches.
6. STX Lacrosse Folding Backyard Lacrosse Goal
- The goal comes with lightweight and sturdy 1.5 inches alloy steel tubing.
- It has a 3 mm heavy-duty netting system.
- It is 4 feet by 4 feet goal.
- It offers a foldable design.
When you are done with playing, fold it and store it in a safe place. And it is the loveliest thing for most users. Moreover, with the solid frame, the players won’t have any imbalance or disturbance during the match. The heavy-duty net is also capable to withstand heavier shots.
key features discuss
STX is a well-known brand in making lacrosse products. Keeping this thing in mind, they have designed this folding backyard lacrosse goal for home shooting practice. This goal is constructed with 1.5 Inches of steel tubing, which has round edges. The materials used to build the steel tube frame are lightweight and sturdy. This offers you an easy transportation system of the product. For ensuring easy storage of the product, STX has used hinge in lower corners of the goal.
It has also got a flat fold design. The netting system of this backyard goal is provided with 3mm mid-weight net. This goal is usable for all ages of lacrosse players. You will get this product in orange color. The regulation size of the product is 4 feet in height and 4 feet in width. This folding backyard goal from STX weighs around 25 pounds.
- The rounded edges on the frame make it a safe option for young players.
- Being lightweight, it is easily transportable.
- The steel tubing provides a stable setup.
- It is easy to move and store.
The pins used in the folding mechanism seem hard to put in and take out.
7. Gladiator Official Lacrosse Goal Net, Orange, 100% Steel Frame, 6 x 6-Foot
- The goal comes with 100% steel frame construction.
- It comes in an official size of 72 inches by 72 inches.
- The net has 90% polyester and 10% cotton construction.
- The package includes a lacing cord and snaps pieces.
- It has an angled base bar construction.
If you need a durable and long-lasting netting system, you don’t need to look further. The frame is not only durable but also sturdy enough. However, some users have faced issues with the net quality. Keeping this side away, it can repay whatever you have paid to buy it.
key features discuss
This lacrosse goal net from Gladiators is made of 100% steel frame. It is constructed with high-quality materials. Gladiators used sturdy, high quality of 1.5 inches of the diameter steel frame to build this lacrosse goal. The net of this product is mainly made of high-quality polyester. They used 90% of polyester and 10% of cotton in the net of this goal. It also contains 20% higher steel content than competitors' goals. This lacrosse goal comes to you in orange color. You can easily use this high-quality lacrosse goal in practice sessions. The product dimension is 6 feet in height and 6 feet in width. This official lacrosse goal net weighs around 33 pounds.
- The netting system is easy to put together.
- The strong steel frame ensures quality construction.
- It is a value for money product.
- It is easy to move around because of being lightweight.
The 3 mm net is flimsy.
Best Youth-mini lacrosse goals
1. Major League Lacrosse Mini Set
- The goal is 3 ft high, 3 ft wide, and 3 ft deep.
- The package includes two mini lacrosse bats.
- There is a mini lacrosse ball available.
For small kids like five years, it's an ideal mini lacrosse goal set. The green-colored frame with two mini sticks of the green handle allows the kids to learn the basics of the game. The orange mini lacrosse ball is never going to hurt the kids.
key features discuss
This major league mini goal set is manufactured by A&R sports. It is actually a goal set specially designed for the youth lacrosse players. Any player over 20 years can easily use this goal set. This mini set includes one mini lacrosse net. The dimension of the net is, 3 feet in height, 3 feet in width and 3 feet in depth. This set offers you 2 mini lacrosse sticks. These sticks are 30 inches each. And it includes a mini lacrosse ball. This mini goal set weighs around 4 pounds.
- It is easy to learn for the kids.
- The mini sticks make it ready to play.
- The ball is soft enough to make it kid-friendly.
There isn’t any information about washing the net.
2. STX Lacrosse Youth 3' x 3' Mini-Goal
- The mini lacrosse goal comes with PVC frame construction.
- It measures 3 ft high and 3 ft wide.
- The package includes assembly instructions.
- It supports soft lacrosse ball use only.
This mini goal is okay as long as you use soft lacrosse balls for practice. The net is not strong enough to take blows from real lacrosse balls. However, it’s a safer option for the kids.
Key features discuss
In the field of making lacrosse products, STX has a good reputation. In this way, they designed a lacrosse youth mini-goal. This mini lacrosse net is usable for both indoor and outdoor purposes. This product offers you a quick and easy assemble option. The goal is made of PVC, which makes it durable. Its dimension is 3 feet in height and 3 feet in width. This mini-goal from STX weighs around 12 pounds.
- The mini goal is appropriate in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Setting the goal isn’t hard with the instruction manual.
The net won’t withstand heavy shots.
3. Champion Sports Mini Lacrosse Goal
- The goal comes with durable ABS with 1.5 inches OD pipe construction.
- It comes with poly or cotton lacrosse.
- It is 3 feet high and 3 feet wide.
- There is a weighted base available in the package.
If you want a kids-friendly and safe lacrosse goal that works as an original full-size goal, you can check out this one. The cotton or poly net is strong enough to withstand the shots from mini-balls. You don't need to worry about the stability after letting the kids play.
Key features discuss
This mini lacrosse goal is usable for any level of lacrosse players. For having fun outside the area or backyard, you can choose this item. Again if you are a young player and still improving your skills in this game then you can take the help of this mini-goal for improving your shots. This product is made of sturdy ABS with 1.5 inches of OD pipe.
It offers you easiness in assembling and dissembling the product in few minutes. It is easy to carry and store this mini-goal. The net of this item is made of durable poly or cotton. For ensuring more stability of the product while playing it has got a weighted base. The dimension of this mini goal is 3 feet in height and 3 feet in width. It weighs around 9 pounds and you will find this product in black color.
- It supports convenient portability with an easy breakdown design.
- You can use it both indoors and outdoors.
- The weighted base adds more stability to the goal.
- The plastic frame is collapsible for easy storage.
The pipes are too thin that easily break
Best lacrosse goal net
1. Park & Sun Sports Bungee-Slip-Net Replacement Nylon Goal Net
- The net comes with heavy-duty, 32-ply braided knotless nylon construction with 4 inches mesh.
- It includes a bungee cord frame of 5 inches in diameter.
- The netting system is 12 inches wide, 6 inches high, and 4 inches deep.
- It is made for both indoor and outdoor usage.
It makes the gameplay ready to go with the quick and convenient setup process. It is stable enough for recreational games. The net is also strong. However, the only issue with this netting system is the wearing out of the Velcro straps.
Key features discuss
This goal net is designed for both indoor and outdoor use. The netting system is provided with UV resistance that allows the net to retain its shape and color. The net is designed with a premium netting formula with heavy-duty, 32-ply braided knotless nylon with 4 inches of mesh. It has also got a bungee cord frame that measures 5mm in diameter.
The net is orange in color you are going to get. To ensure the net remains in place while gameplay or training hours, Park & Sun Sports used Velcro net ties. The dimension of the net is 6 feet in height, 12 feet in width and 4 feet in depth. This net weighs around 2 pounds only.
- The UV-treated net is long-lasting.
- With the Velcro net tying design, it assembles in real quick time.
- It is usable in a wide range of sports.
- The bungee cord frame forms a sturdy setup.
The Velcro straps rip off easily.
2. CrankShooter 6mm Lacrosse Goal Net for a 6x6x7 Goal
- The net comes with heavy-duty 1000 Denier polyester fabric construction.
- It has four easy, quick net ties.
- The package includes 100 feet lacing cord.
- It is UV-resistant and weather-proof.
Indeed, it’s a useful netting system for regular use. The net strength can withstand shots continuously delivered from the players. It won’t rip off easily. Some users might complain about the price; it assures a good service as well.
If you are such a player who wants to have a rough and tough time in the practice sessions and wants such kind of net that can easily take the shots and last for years then this can be a great choice to fulfill your demands. This net is made of high quality 1000d polyester fabric. It also offers you a durable design for a better playing experience. 6mm lacrosse net is both usable in the high school and college level lacrosse games.
This net comes with 4 easy quick net ties that ensure easy installation of the goal net. 100 feet lacing cord in it, binds the lacrosse net securely to the lacrosse goal. This netting is reinforced by a triple stitched edge, which adds strength to the net and allows it to remain its original shape. You will find this in black color. The product dimension is 6 feet in height, 6 feet in width and 7 feet in depth. This goal net weighs around 13 pounds.
- It can withstand heavy shots from pro-level players.
- It is a value-for-money lacrosse net.
- The net is usable at the elementary school level, middle school level, and high school level.
The price seems a bit high.
3. Gladiator Lacrosse Collegiate Level 6mm
- The net comes with quality polyester construction.
- It is a 6 mm netting system.
- It is usable for college and high school-level lacrosse players.
For long-time use or specifically, for multi-season usage, this net can be an ideal choice. The durability can make it a perfect choice for any lacrosse game. There isn’t anything you need to worry about the installation as it allows hassle-free installation service.
Key features discuss
This goal is designed for the use of high school and college-level lacrosse players. It is a quality product that offers great durability also. It is usable in both the backyard area or official games. The 6mm netting system is the most interesting fact of this goal. It is made of polyester. You can get this in black color. This product weighs around 10 pounds.
- It is high-quality and very durable as a homely usable net.
- It offers a stout lining with strong webbing.
- The netting system is easy to install.
Everything seems good about this netting system.
Before buying a lacrosse goal you have to consider some facts. Depending on these facts you will be able to choose the right product for you. I'm going to briefly discuss about such a few facts below.
Practice or Game
This is a big factor you have to think about before buying a lacrosse goal. The goals used for practice sessions and games are actually different from each other. You might find carrying a practice session goal easier than a field goal. You can fold almost all the practice lacrosse goals but this is not applicable for the real gameplay every time. So, depending on this one needs to buy a hockey goal.
The material used in goals
Different types of materials are used in a lacrosse goal depending on the brand or purpose of playing. PVC, polyester, nylon such kind of materials are used in building lacrosse goals. So you have to consider these things while buying a hockey goal.
Level of the player
Sometimes players of beginner level especially want to have folding types of goals to carry them easily. Whereas, the skilled players use such goals in their game, which can take their rough and tough shots easily. So the beginner level players and the professional level players use different types of goals and while buying you have to keep this thing in mind.
Indoor and outdoor
Outdoor lacrosse and indoor lacrosse are not the same. Players of professional level are supposed to play outdoor matches. They use high-quality goals in their games. But the players playing indoor games sometimes are professional and sometimes are not. Depending on that the quality of their goals doesn’t match with the outdoor goals. You can’t just buy the same kind of lacrosse goals for the indoor and outdoor players.
Size of the goal
Regulation lacrosse goals size is, 6 feet in height and 6 feet in width. Any level of players can use this size of goals in outdoor games. But it differs a bit in case of indoor lacrosse. The dimension of the goal decreases to, 4 feet in height and 4 feet in width.
Portability of the product
Modern lacrosse players will surely look after more portable products, which are easy for transportation and also for storing. So choose you goal that fulfills your demand of portability.
During practice sessions players like to save time in case of setting up a goal. This provides them a bit more time for practice. So buy a lacrosse goal that you can set up within a few minutes and also breakdown easily.
1. How big is a lacrosse goal?
A lacrosse goal is 6 feet in height and 6 feet in width. Except for the indoor lacrosse games, each level of lacrosse players uses this size of lacrosse goals in their game. It must consist of two vertical posts joined by a ridged top crossbar.
2. How to lace a goal lacrosse net?
To do this, you need string wrapped around the net itself. Then tie back of the net down. Secure top left and right corners. Then start lacing your net and string downside and the bottom part. That’s all you have to do.
3. How much does a lacrosse goal cost?
The cost of lacrosse goals is not the same. It varies depending on the quality of the product and also from which brand you are going to buy. You can find them in the price range of $60 to $300 approximately.
4. How to assemble a lacrosse goal?
First, check out the pipes and connect all the pieces of pipes on either side of the goal. Then bring out the two sides of the string together at the front of the goal frame. At last, string the net. Thus you can easily assemble a lacrosse goal.
5. What is the official size of lacrosse goals with dimensions?
The official size of a lacrosse goal is 6 feet in height and 6 feet in width. Except for the indoor lacrosse games, each level of lacrosse players uses this size of lacrosse goals in their game. In indoor games, the size is 4 feet in height and 4 feet in width.