You might have seen some climbing bars in the playgrounds or gym, used for climbing and swinging. Yes, I'm talking about monkey bars, a great backyard playing set for the kids who love climbing and swinging. And as an adult, you will find this set helpful for developing your muscle strength in the gym.
This article contains a review of some best monkey bars by mentioning the facts that need to consider before purchasing for one. Among these listed products, Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center has been kept on the top. You might find this article helpful if you continue to read this further.
Monkey bars cost
Knowing the price or at least having a minimum idea about the product's cost will make it a lot easier task for you to choose the product without hesitation. Different brands have different types of monkey bars designed for both kids and adults. All these monkey bars are available in the market at different prices. If you ask me how much I will have to spend on buying a monkey bar, I would say it depends on the product's features.
A simply designed monkey bar will only offer your kids to swing and hang for a while can cost you around $30 to $90. But if it is a quality product, then it will cost you up to $150. The monkey bars coming with more features and facilities will surely cost you more.
The price range of these monkey bars ranges from $160 to $500 or sometimes even more. The products discussed below will provide you a clear idea about the different features of monkey bars.
Best monkey bars
1. Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center:
Weight: 80 pounds
- UV resistant materials used.
- High-density polyethylene resin rock climbing hand grips
- Low maintenance
- It retains strength and maintains color.
This dome climber play center from Lifetime is made of UV resistant materials. These UV-resistant materials retain the play center's strength and maintain the color to attract the kids. The play center comes with a weight carrying capacity of 600 pounds.
Kids from 3 to 10 years are recommended by the manufacturers to use this play center for climbing, swinging or hanging. It includes high-density polyethylene resin rock climbing hand grips for helping the kids climb and descend safely. The play center also comes with a low maintenance option.
2. Jungle Gym Kingdom 18" Trapeze Swing Bar
Brand: Jungle Gym Kingdom
Weight: 4 pounds
- Fully assembled swingest trapeze set.
- Includes green powder coated, stamped jungle gym kingdom chains
- Two steel carabineers
- Easy-grip triangular plastic green rings.
This is a fully assembled swing bar from the Jungle Gym Kingdom that comes with rings and more massive chains. The heavier 2/0 43 inches chains are designed with 20 inches plastic coated. It is intended for residential use, not for commercial use.
The playset includes a trapeze bar with green powder-coated, stamped jungle gym kingdom chains and two steel carabineers. The monkey bar comes with easy grip triangular plastic green rings attached below the bar with reinforced metal insert. It can be a great addition to the backyard playground set for your kids.
3. Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course for Kids
Brand: B BRANTON
Weight: 20 pounds
- Ten essential accessories
- Adjustable slackline
- It doesn't have fixed pockets and fixed distance from each other.
- High-quality training equipment set.
This monkey bar set from B BRANTON comes with ten essential accessories that make it a good obstacle course set for the kids. It includes accessories like 50-foot ninja slackline, gymnastic rings; monkey bar holds and monkey fist.
The accessories included with the set are high grade in quality so that they will serve you better than other low-quality products. Your kids can swing, jump or climb with fun and have some exercises to keep their body fit. This ninja warrior set doesn’t have fixed pockets and fixed distance from each other.
4. Aoneky 3 Monkey Bars
Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Made out of smooth wood
- Maximum 6 extra obstacles included
- Recommended for six years or up
- The weight carrying limit is 220 pounds.
This monkey bars set from Aoneky is made out of smooth wood. The soft wooden construction makes this put a robust monkey bar set and also provides comfortable gripping. This set is a useful accessory for Aoneky monkey bars climber’s toys.
According to the manufacturer, the recommended age for using this monkey bar set is six or more years. It can hold up to 220 pounds of weight, but you need to look after your kids while using it. It includes a maximum of 6 extras obstacles for Aoneky monkey bars climber’s toys.
5. ActivPlay Modular Jungle Gym with Accessories
Weight: 121 pounds
- Weather and rust-resistant materials
- Powder-coated 2 inches diameter steel tubing
- 16 gauge steel
- Plastic coated chains.
This jungle gym set from ActivPlay is built with a weather-resistant material. The weather-resistant powder-coated steel construction makes this play set a sturdy and strong one. They used 2 inches in diameter steel tubing for construction.
16 gauge steel has been used to build the whole body of this jungle gym set. It includes jungle gym, swing set attachment, hanging bridge attachment and monkey bars attachment. There are plastic coated chains for added protection and no pinch joint covers protect your kid’s fingers. It also meets the safety standards of ASTM.
6. Gym1 Deluxe Indoor jungle swing with monkey bars
Weight: 19 pounds
- Strong and safe construction
- Assembles in minutes and installs in seconds
- Includes patented core doorway unit
- Fits regular 25 inches to 36 inches wide doorways.
This jungle swing set with monkey bars from Gym1 comes with safe and robust construction. This set can easily hold up to 300 pounds of weight, but it is still a lightweight one. The playset assembles in minutes and installs in seconds without any drilling or holes.
The set includes patented core doorway unit with swing, ladder, rope, trapeze and rings. It fits regular 25 inches to 36 inches wide doorways, which have trim at least on the top. The recommended age for using this set is three years or up.
7. Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set with 9 Foot Wavy Slide
Weight: 100 pounds
- Includes 9 feet wavy slide
- Constructed of all-weather high strength low alloy steel
- Designed for safety
This swing set from Lifetime comes with 9-foot wavy slide system. The set includes 3 belt swings, 1 trapeze bar with gym rings, fireman's pole and monkey bars. The playset is designed for safety, which makes it perfect for kids.
This play set's hard edges are covered with plastic caps and soft rubber grips on swing chains that prevent pinching. It is constructed of all-weather, high strength low alloy steel, which will not crack, chip, fade, warp or peel like wooden playsets.
Most of the time, buyers of money bars fall in confusion about the selection because they don't know what things they need to consider before selecting the right playset. Thinking of solving this problem, I have given a few essential facts that are necessary to be considered before purchasing.
- Having enough area: Before going to the market, you should keep a clear idea about the space you have for setting up the monkey bar. The height and other openings around the playset should be enough to provide the users with comfortable playing experience. Select the size of your playset, depending on the space you have.
- Construction materials: Monkey bars are made of steel, galvanized steel, wood or rope. Whatever the material is, it needs to be strong enough to hold the play set's weight. Metals are less safe than wood or rope, but at the same time, it's the most substantial construction for any monkey bar. If you add some plastic covers around the danger area, that will be enough for using this.
- Safety issue: If the monkey bar is going to be bought for kids only, safety should be given priority. If the frame of the playset is made of metal, it should be covered up with such materials, keeping your kids safe.
- Ease of assembly: Always avoid the complex assembling process. If it takes too much time and creates complexities, then you will soon get bored. I would suggest you go for top rated monkey bars model and it would be great it has a freestanding design.
- Portability: You will find some monkey bars are difficult to move. I prefer a set that can be easily set up and transfer also. The construction of a monkey bar will affect the portability a lot.
A brief history of monkey bars
Monkey bars were first invented in Chicago in 1920. It was invented for providing the kids some outdoor exercise through fun. The bars were built in such a way that it allows the kids to climb or move along the bars like a monkey. It will help them build up the strength of different body parts by having some fun time.
There were different sizes of monkey bars and they were made of different shapes. Wood, metal were used to make the bars. Though metal was a bit risky, it was stronger than wooden bars in construction. Kids used to swing in the bars and play a game named monkey tag. Though this was invented for kids at that time, now the monkey bar is valuable equipment for the gym's adults.
What are monkey bars?
Monkey bars are outdoor playground equipment where kids can climb, swing or hang as long as possible. These bars are made of metal, wood or such type of strong pipe. A horizontally over a headed ladder is set with the bars to make the kids climb also for batter backyard advanture your kids you can also buy a back yard zip line kits.
What do monkey bars workout?
Monkey bars can work out by building up your muscles, strengthening your body's different parts through exercises. Monkey bars will do the first thing to provide you an excellent gripping because when you are climbing or swinging, you must have a good grip on the bars. Then it will build up your abs; strengthen your biceps and triceps also.
What are monkey bars good for?
Those guys who think monkey bars are only for backyard fun are wrong. Monkey bars are mainly useful for strengthening your shoulder muscles, biceps through climbing. The grip of your hands can also be improved through hanging and swinging in the bars.
What are monkey bars made of?
Monkey bars can be made of different materials. It can be made of normal steel, galvanized steel, wood or strong ropes. Strong construction will provide you a better experience.
You might have loved this article if you are looking for a monkey bar for your backyard. The discussion of the selected products will help you choose the right one to have enhanced fun in your backyard. But as buying this type of thing for the first time is not easy, I have provided a buying guide, which is the most exciting part of this article. You can purchase for your selected product without hesitating much as I have mentioned the cost of different monkey bars above. There are also answers to some frequently asked questions by you guys. So, no needs to worry more select one of these monkey bars and purchase for that without any further delay.
Read more : Rocket launcher for kids review