If you don’t have a permanent pickle ball court and still want to have the same competitive feel, you need a quality portable pickle ball net system. A net that will unfold easily and you can set up it within a few minutes is highly recommended for this purpose. This article comes with a review of some best portable pickleball nets.
Here I have kept, Onix Pickleball 2-in-1 Regulation-Size Portable Net on the top. This easy to assemble portable net system comes with sturdy construction. You will know more details about all the listed products if you continue this article. The buying guide section will make it easier to choose the appropriate net for your pickleball court.
Height of pickleball net
To complete the pickleball court you need to set up the net at regulation height. According to the official rules and regulations of USAPA, a pickleball net should be set up at a height of 36 inches or 91.44 centimeters at the side posts. And the height should be 34 inches or 86.36 centimeters in the center.
You have to choose the right for the net of course. A regulation size pickleball net is 21 feet 9 inches or 6.63 meters in length, which is set up from one corner to another. The height of the net from the bottom edge to the top edge should be 30 inches minimum. So to have a competitive feel of the game, you need to buy a regulation size portable pickleball net and setup it at regulation height.
Best portable pickleball net
1. OnixPickleball 2-in-1 Regulation-Size Portable Net
Weight: 24 pounds
- USAPA regulation size portable net
- A 10 feet practice net included
- Made of a wide steel base and quality net materials
- Easy and quick to assemble.
This is a two in on regulation size portable pickleball net from Onix. It meets the standard regulations of USAPA and that’s why this is my first choice in this list of portable pickleball nets. The net measures 36 inches in height and 22 inches weight. Except for this regulation-size net, it also comes with a 10 feet practice net.
The net comes with a sturdy construction as it is made of a wide steel base and quality net materials. It has perfect net tension and height with adjustable straps and center post. The net is easy and quick to assemble with an interlocking system. It includes effortless transportability with included wheeled carrying case.
2. A11N Portable Pickleball Net System
Brand: A11N Sports
Weight: 20 pounds
- Meets the official guidelines
- Steady frame with a high-quality net
- Bright color scheme
- Fast assembly and easy portability.
This net system for pickleball from A11N Sports meets all the official guidelines for use in tournaments or casual games. The net system measures 22 inches in width, 36 inches in height at the sidelines, and 34 inches tall at the center. The construction of the net allows it to withstand any weather conditions.
It is made of an interlocking metal frame, which is sturdy enough. It is constructed with solid PE knotless net and dual PVC fabric is more durable than polyester. It is designed with a yellow stoving varnish coated frame and a black color net. So it is quite bright of course. It is very easy to assemble and you can store the entire net system in a robust carrying bag.
3. OnCourtOffCourtPickleNet - Easy Assembly
Weight: 23.2 pounds
- Made of powder-coated steel
- Patented oval tubing for faster setup
- Proprietary elastic bottom band
- Heavy-duty zippered duffle bag included.
This easy to set up official size pickleball net comes from OnCourtOffCourt. It is made of powder-coated steel. The net measures 22 inches in width, 34 inches tall in the center, and 36 inches tall at the sidelines conforming to the official pickleball specifications. It is very easy to assemble in a flash.
The net set comes with a strong zippered nylon bag with organizing compartments for handy storage. It has patented oval tubing for faster set up and automatic alignment of the center frame. The proprietary elastic bottom net band also speeds up the set up of this net system. It helps the net to maintain consistent net tension and takes the stress of the net to increase durability.
4. Boulder Portable pickleball Net Set
Weight: 3.63 kg
- Made of durable and rust-resistant materials
- Superior quality nylon used to avoid tear
- Adjustable height from 34 to 60.5 inches
- Setup within 3 to 5 minutes.
This pickleball net set from Boulder is made of durable and rust-resistant materials. It is constructed of superior quality nylon to avoid tear and painted steel to ensure lifetime durability. The sturdy construction of this net set allows you to use it in outdoor and indoor conditions without thinking twice.
The net set comes in an adjustable height and you instantly transform the net from high to low. You can adjust the height of the net from 34 inches to 60.5 inches. You can set up this net set within just 3 to 5 minutes and no tools or stakes are needed for the setup.
5. Vermont ProcourtCombi Net
Weight: 18/26/34 pounds
- Made of 1 mm thick premium steel
- Powder-coated frame
- 1-inch mesh 6 ply PE netting
- High-quality 210D oxford material top banding.
This multi-sport premium net set from Vermont is suitable for tennis, badminton, and soccer tennis. It is made of using 1 mm thick premium steel. The frame of this net is powder-coated to provide it an exceptional rust resistance. The post combines with the 1-inch mesh 6 ply PE netting to create a supremely strong, weatherproof system.
The high-quality 210D oxford material top banding features a net tensioning strap for maximum performance. It is available in three different sizes, 10 feet, 20 feet, and 30 feet. It also features easy to assemble steel poles. A useful nylon carrying bag, which is equipped with the net set, will solve the transportation problem.
6. Franklin Sports Pickleball Starter Set
Brand: Franklin Sports
Weight: 10 pounds
- Official starter pickleball set
- Measures 10 feet wide and 3 feet tall
- Includes two wooden paddles
- Two USAPA approved X-40 pickleball are also included.
This is an official starter pickleball set of the US championships from Franklin Sports. The ½ court size net measures 10 feet in width and 3 feet tall. The set includes two wooden pickleball paddles. It also includes two USAPA approved X-40 pickleball.
This pickleball set is perfect for skinny singles. You don’t need to bother yourself before the game for setting up this net set. You can set up it within a few minutes quite easily. Like the setup, there are no difficulties in transporting this net set.
7. Driveway Games Portable Outdoor Pickleball Set
Brand: Driveway Games
Weight: 7.1 pounds
- 3.6 inches diameter pickle ball
- Paddles made of durable 7 ply alternative grain
- Paddles have PVC leather grips and wrist straps
- 10 feet long net.
This pickleball set is designed for people who want to start learning pickle ball without buying a lot of expensive pickle ball equipment. The set includes two-player regulation size pickle ball measuring 3.6 inches in diameter. The balls have 41 holes for optimal bounces and weigh around 0.9 ounces.
It also includes 2 wooden pickleball paddles that are constructed with durable 7 ply alternative grain. Though these paddles are lightweight, they are quite strong. The paddles feature PVC leather grips & wrist straps. The net included in the set is 10 feet in length. The poles are 28 inches high and made of 0.75 inches of steel. There is a carrying bag included for ensuring easy and safe transportation of the entire set.
That’s I suppose the most important part of this article, where I will discuss the factors that are needed to consider as a buyer of a portable pickle ball net. If you look at these below factors you will surely be able to choose the right net for your pickle ball court.
- Meets USAPA standards or not: Before buying a pickle ball net always keep the idea about the official measurement imposed by USAPA. According to the regulation size of USAPA, a pickleball net should be 22 feet in length and it should be set up at a height of 34 inches in the center and 36 inches at the sidelines.
- Net construction: The net should be constructed of strong materials. It would be better if it is made of steel or carbon fiber. You should never look to buy nets constructed of aluminum or such materials. That is the frame material and for the net system, the material should be tear and weather resistant.
- Easy portability: As you are looking for a portable net system, you should have a strong carrying bag that even allows you to store an entire pickleball set.
- Easy assemble and dissemble: If it takes too much time to set up, then there is no use of such portable net sets. That is why you should look for a net that is easy to assemble and dissemble.
- Net tension: If the top of the net is not tight enough, this will decrease the playability of course. So before buying you must look out the net tension.
- Stability: I have already mentioned what materials you should use to make your net stronger. To have a stable net set during the game, the base of it needs to be strong enough.
What kind of net is used in pickleball
After reading the above parts of this article, I think you have already got an idea about what kind of net is used in pickleball. The first thing you need to keep in mind before selecting the net is that it meets the official dimension of the net. The construction of the net is another important aspect, which could affect the quality of the game. A portable net, which is easy to set up and take down with strong construction and meeting the standards of USAPA, is worth using in pickleball.
How to make a pickleball net
Well, instead of buying a pickleball net you might love making one on your own. For this, you need to follow the steps I’m going to provide below.
- First of all, you need to gather materials like pipes, connectors, and other working tools.
- Now assemble the pipes and attach them with the help of connector elbows. This will certainly create the structure of your net set.
- Now your task is to attach a net in the frame and your homemade pickleball net system is ready for use.
- Your net set should be constructed keeping the regulation size in mind and the setup process needs to be easier of course.
All the products I have discussed above are worth looking at before you choose a portable net system for your pickleball court. My recommendation is the first product, which is a regulation size pickleball net meeting the standards of USAPA. Portable nets mean you will be able to carry it on the go. But still, you have to look for some other things before purchasing one of them. And for this, there is an important segment in the article containing the factors you need to consider before buying a pickleball portable net. You can also make a pickle ball net on your own and I have given the rules of doing so. So hopefully pickle ball lovers have enjoyed reading this article.