Long time in the training sessions can improve your skills in volleyball surely. But that can only be done if you are using the best volleyball equipment during the training hours. Maybe these are only training equipment, but they play a very vital role in reforming a beginner volleyball player into an intermediate or advanced volleyball player. You need wear best vollryball socks and can also go for Asics volleyball shoes for men and women.
That's why I have come with a review of the best volleyball training equipment for you guys. I have placed Mikasa VBN-2 Competition Volleyball Net at the top favorite this list. It is both an indoor and outdoor net that comes with polyester netting with aircraft steel cable. You can also go with Best volleyball net system reviews for choosing the right net system.
Our top picks
A competition-quality volleyball net system for both indoor and outdoor surfaces. It has a polyester netting system with aircraft steel cable.
Extremely portable skill attack volleyball machine that comes with a ball release point of 5 feet 3 inches.
It has adjustable cord length and Velcro straps that fit around your waist comfortably. It is great for solo training sessions.
Any ages of volleyball players can go with practice and training aid for learning to spike with accuracy and power.
Adjustable elastic cord that can accommodate any hitter's height. It also has a large hook to link.
It comes with a sturdy steel frame that is quite stable, and front rubber swivel wheels allow the user to move it easily.
High-quality net system with the thickest steel frame.
It includes a barrier net, a sock catching net and a practice net. It will set up within 160 seconds.
Volleyball Training Aid Original Spike Trainer
It has got steel extension pole and quality foam ball. It is a lightweight spike trainer of course.
Best volleyball training equipment
1. Mikasa VBN-2 Competition Volleyball Net
- Brand: Mikasa
- Model: VBN – 2
- Weight: 1.34 KG
This competition quality volleyball net system from Mikasa is designed for both indoor and outdoor plays. It is a handy recreational net system for the volleyball players who are looking for a good quality net for practice sessions.
The net is made with polyester netting a reinforced aircraft steel cable vinyl binding. The net measures 32 by 3 feet. The construction of the net made it a durable one and this is going to last for a long time.
- Usable in both indoor and outdoor surfaces
- Competition quality net
- Polyester netting with aircraft steel cable
- Dimension is 32 by 3 feet.
- The manufacturer has ensured the quality of the net for both indoor and outdoor uses.
- The heavy-duty construction of the net makes it a durable and long-lasting one.
- It can withstand the roughest plays outdoors.
- The metal cable is added to its durability.
- The net is lightweight.
2. Skill Attack Volleyball Machine
- Brand: Sports Attack
- Model: V – SAA
- Weight: 58 pounds
This is a perfect volleyball machine to practice individually. This skill attack volleyball machine elevates volleyballs from a release point of 5 feet 3 inches. But other machines are seemed to release balls from floor level, there’s the difference between this machine and other volleyball machines.
The speed of the ball released from the machine ranges from soft sets to 40+ MPH. This machine is not build for any particular level of volleyball players. Any players from school, college, or club teams can rely on this machine for daily practices. The machine is extremely portable that fits into the trunk of any car easily.
- Elevates ball from 5 feet 3 inches high release point
- Speed can go up to 40+ mph.
- Extremely portable
- Usable for any skill level.
- The ball feed basket provides consistent ball delivery and also serves as a handle.
- The speed dial allows the operator to select speed, spin, and no-spin.
- The tripod design ensures a strong and sturdy base.
- There are locking and non-marking casters available for increased mobility.
- The wheel guard protects the operator.
3. Pure drop Volleyball Training Equipment:
- Brand: PureDrop
- Model: ZEZQ
- Weight: 0.09 KG
This great solo volleyball training equipment comes from Puredrop. This training equipment makes it easier to practice the arm swing technique and tosses multiple times in a row. There is an elastic cord that guides the ball back after every swing and you don't need to get interrupted between practice hours just for fetching balls.
The elastic cord is adjustable in length. The height can be adjusted up to 5 feet 9 inches. You are recommended to adjust the height and also the cord accordingly for having an optimal training experience. The Velcro strap fits comfortably around the waist. The neoprene pouch with adjustable length holds any kind of volleyball.
- Great for solo training
- Adjustable cord length
- Comfortable and side adjustable around the waist
- Fits any volleyball.
- The Velcro strap can be adjusted depending on the different sizes of the waist.
- The elastic strap efficiently brings back the ball after hitting forward.
- The adjustable length of the pouch holds any standard volleyball and also beach volleyball.
- It allows the user to find the optimal height for comfortable solo training.
4. Power spike Volleyball Hitting Trainer
Brand: Power spike
This volleyball hitting trainer from a power spike is great equipment for practicing volleyball in your home yard. This is a simple and versatile way of practicing at your home. You can set up it and make it ready for use within seconds. So it's quite easy for any level of volleyball players.
Through this volleyball hitting trainer you can learn to spike with accuracy and power. It holds up to three volleyballs for continuous hitting. You just have to insert a basketball rim and adjust the goal at a proper height. This also improves your timing and footwork. It is perfect for all skill levels with automatic hitting for individual training.
- Learn to spike with accuracy and power
- Improves timing and footwork
- Automatic hitting for individual training
- Perfect for all skill level and ages.
- The hitting trainer helps to improve the accuracy of the athlete while shot-making.
- It does a great job in increasing the footwork.
- It provides continuous hitting by holding 3 balls at a time.
- The hitting trainer supports both individual and group training.
5. TopFan Volleyball Spike Training System:
- Brand: TopFan
- Weight: 0.09 KG
This volleyball training system from TopFan is designed for players of all skill levels. Through this system hitters can improve timing, speed and power of hitting approach. It comes with an adjustable design. The elastic cord here is adjustable that accommodates any height of hitters.
It comes with large hook to link and with an improved flexible holder. This training system is very easy to use. You can connect it easily to basketball goals, poles, broom handles, backyard playsets, garage ceilings, etc. You can strengthen your skills and also prevent yourself from getting neck and shoulder pains through this system.
- Improves timing, speed, and power
- Adjustable design
- Very easy to use
- Prevents shoulder and neck pain.
- The training system is easy to use as it connects easily to basketball goals, poles, broom handles, backyard playsets, and garage ceilings.
- Using it can prevent shoulder and neck pain of the user.
- It improves the jumping ability of the young volleyball athlete.
- It strengthens the body of the athlete through consistent spiking of the ball.
6. Park & Sun Sports Indoor/Outdoor Adjustable Target Net
- Brand: Park & Sun Sports
- Model: 750011
- Weight: 11.82 KG
This adjustable target net from Park & sun sports is usable in both indoor and outdoor volleyball courts. It is designed for bumping, passing, setting and spiking, etc. The target hoop angle adjusts to four different angles, 45, 90, 135, and 180 degrees.
The hoop features adjustable heights of 76 inches, 106 inches, 114 inches, 122 inches, and 130 inches, which are measured from the center of the target hoop. The sturdy welded steel frame is designed to be totally stable, and it measures 44" × 30" × 43". The trainer is easily movable and transportable because of the front rubber swivel wheels. It also includes a telescopic, adjustable aluminum support system. The catch net is attached to the hoop target with Velcro straps.
- Training aid for bumping, passing, setting, spiking, etc.
- Adjustable heights for target hoops
- Sturdy welded steel frame
- Front rubber swivel wheels.
- The trainer can be easily moved with the front swivel wheels.
- It includes an adjustable, telescoping aluminum support system.
- The catch net attaches to the hoops using Velcro straps.
- The steel frame construction provides a good amount of sturdiness of the target net during practice hours.
7. Flair Sports Pitch Back Rebound Net
- Brand: Flair Sports
- Weight: 7.01 KG
This net system from Flair sports comes with a high-quality net or bungees for the volleyball players. You can also practice baseball, softball lacrosse through this net system. This net also features one of the thickest steel frames, which is sturdy enough.
The net is far better than those net systems that use cheap and lightweight rebound net, including low-quality netting, cheap bungees, and thin metal. So this net system guarantees you the quality for sure. It comes with a highly visible neon orange color at the center on the net that shows the players where to hit or throw the ball.
- Heavy-duty net
- The thickest steel frame used.
- The highly bright neon orange color at the center on the net
- Allows to practice by yourself.
- The user can easily identify the spot in the net where to hit the ball or throw it as it comes with a bright neon orange color.
- The manufacturer made the net usable for all ages of people.
- The thick steel frame construction ensures the durability and longevity of the net.
- The net allows developing your volleyball skills in every position.
- The net is pretty easy to assemble and begin the training session.
8. Bownet Sports Volleyball Practice Station
- Brand: Bownet
- Model: Bow – VBPracticeNet
- Weight: 51.85 pounds
This volleyball practice station from Bownet includes a volleyball barrier net, a sock catching net and a practice court net that helps a player to improve the setting and serving techniques without a regulation size volleyball net available.
The practice station comes with a powder-coated steel frame that has non-marking rubber feet to prevent damage to floors and provide stability and traction on both indoor and outdoor courts. No tool is required for setting it up and you can do it within 160 seconds. EAS technology diffuses ball energy throughout the net to extend it lifespan.
- Includes a volleyball barrier net, a sock catching net and practice court net
- Bownet’s proprietary EAS technology used.
- Powder-coated steel frame
- Sets up within 16 seconds.
- The non-marking rubber feet of the training net prevent any sort of damage on the floor.
- The structure adds stability, balance, and flexibility in both indoor and outdoor situations.
- The user can set up this net within 3 minutes without requiring any extra tools for this.
- The net helps improving player’s setting and serving techniques.
9. Volleyball Training Aid Original Spike Trainer
Brand: Start Right Sports
This volleyball training aid from Start right sports is designed for the spike trainers. This is a lightweight training aid that weighs less than 2 pounds. You can use this for home practice and also for practicing in camps.
It comes with steel extension pole and quality foam ball holder. The training aid is safe enough with the foam covering that covers it from miss-hits. You can easily carry it with you as it breaks down to less than 3 feet for easy transportation.
- Arm swing extension approach
- Steel extension pole
- Quality foam ball holder
- For convenient transportation it breaks down to less than 3 feet.
- The spike trainer is usable in a home arena or training camps.
- It provides easy transportation to the user as it breaks down to 3 feet after use.
- The manufacturer has used foam in the trainer to cover up the user during miss-hits.
- It has a durable steel extension pole.
- The addition of a quality foam holder ensures the longevity of the trainer.
To buy the right kind of volleyball training (youtibe video) equipment you need to know about few facts that is needed to consider before choosing the right product. That is why I'm providing a few important facts that will surely help you in choosing the right training equipment and purchase for it.
Materials: The training equipment can be constructed of aluminum, carbon, or steel. Aluminum is the most used material, and it is lightweight too. But steel is more durable than aluminum. Meanwhile, carbon will cost you a bit more than those two materials.
Adjustable height of the machine: The height of fetching volleyball should be adjustable, which will allow every skill level of players to have some practice hours.
Easy setup: You won’t like to spend much time in setting up the system and then start practicing. It’s better to buy a training system that sets up within 160 seconds.
Easy transportation: If you can carry the system with you wherever you like can be a good side of it. For this you can look for rubber wheels at the down part of the system that makes it movable.
Lightweight: Lightweight system will allow you to carry it and move it easily. That will be plus point of your training equipment if it is a lightweight one.
Those who are looking to buy training equipment for volleyball this article will surely help them a lot. I have discussed about some products that you need to look at first. Then there is a buying guide containing the facts that you need to consider before purchasing for volleyball training equipment. And I have also answered some FAQs. So overall I think if you read this article carefully, then you can buy the righttraining equipment needed for practicing volleyball and have great training hours.