Citi Field, the iconic home of the New York Mets! Located in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, Queens, Citi Field is a modern and vibrant Major League Baseball stadium that offers a wide range of events and experiences for fans to enjoy. Whether you’re a die-hard Mets supporter or simply a sports and entertainment enthusiast, Citi Field is a must-visit destination.
As the Mets’ home stadium, Citi Field hosts thrilling baseball games that bring the city alive with energy and excitement. But it’s not just about the games. Citi Field is known for its diverse range of events, including concerts and other special performances. No matter what your interests are, there’s always something happening at this Queens sports venue.
When you visit Citi Field, you’ll find yourself immersed in a world of entertainment and enjoyment. The stadium boasts an array of amenities, making it a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all visitors. From a wide selection of food and drink options to convenient facilities, Citi Field has everything you need for a memorable time.
This guide is your go-to resource for all things Citi Field. Whether you’re looking to catch a game, secure tickets for a special event, or simply explore the stadium, we’ve got you covered. Get ready to dive into the captivating world of Citi Field and experience the thrill of Major League Baseball at its finest. Let’s explore this amazing venue together!
Essential Tips for Visiting Citi Field
When planning your visit to Citi Field, it’s important to keep these essential tips in mind:
- Parking and Tailgating: Enjoy the game day experience, but remember that tailgating is not allowed in designated lots at Citi Field. However, certain lots do permit tailgating under specific conditions. Guests must adhere to guidelines regarding space, tents, coolers, and behavior. Remember to bag your trash for disposal since trash bins are not provided.
- Ticket Sales and Services: Citi Field offers multiple ticket windows for your convenience. You can find exterior windows near the Left Field Gate and the Bullpen Gate, as well as interior windows inside the Jackie Robinson Rotunda and on the field level. Please note that the Mets Ticket Services Office has been permanently closed, and all ticket services can now be accessed at the ticket windows. Apart from purchasing tickets directly at the stadium, online and phone ticket sales are also available.
- Lost or Stolen Tickets: It is your responsibility to keep your tickets secure. If your tickets are stolen, they may be reprinted at the discretion of the Mets, provided you have an official Police Report. In case of lost or stolen ticket problems, it’s recommended to contact the Ticket Office in advance or visit the Ticket Services Windows on the day of the game for assistance.
- Accessible Seating: Citi Field prioritizes inclusivity by offering over 800 accessible seat locations throughout the stadium. You can make advance purchases through various sales channels. It’s worth noting that all ticket window counters meet the necessary height requirements for wheelchair accessibility. Additionally, you have the option to purchase companion seats for each accessible seat.
- Advance Tickets: To secure your spot at the game, consider purchasing advance tickets. You can do so at designated windows located on the exterior of Citi Field during normal business hours. Availability is also offered at the Advance Ticket Windows inside the ballpark during games. Multiple payment options are accepted for your convenience.
- Food and Beverage: Indulge in a wide variety of food and beverage options available at Citi Field. Popular vendors like Shake Shack, Blue Smoke, and Fuku offer delectable choices that go beyond traditional ballpark fare. From classic hot dogs and nachos to craft beers and wines, there’s something to satisfy every craving.
|Parking and Tailgating
|Tailgating is not permitted in designated lots but allowed under specific conditions in other lots. Guests must comply with guidelines for space, tents, coolers, and behavior.
|Ticket Sales and Services
|Multiple ticket windows are available, including exterior windows near the Left Field Gate and the Bullpen Gate. Mets Ticket Services Office is permanently closed, and all ticket services are now accessed at the ticket windows. Online and phone ticket sales are also available.
|Lost or Stolen Tickets
|Guests are responsible for their ticket security. Stolen tickets may be reprinted at the Mets’ discretion with an official Police Report. Contact the Ticket Office or visit the Ticket Services Windows on the day of the game for lost or stolen ticket problems.
|Citi Field offers over 800 accessible seat locations. Advance purchases can be made through various sales channels. Ticket window counters meet the required height for wheelchair accessibility. Companion seats can be purchased for each accessible seat.
|Advance tickets can be purchased at designated windows on the exterior of Citi Field during normal business hours. Tickets are also available at the Advance Ticket Windows inside the ballpark during games. Various payment options are accepted.
|Food and Beverage
|Enjoy a wide variety of food and drink options, including popular vendors like Shake Shack, Blue Smoke, and Fuku. Traditional ballpark fare like hot dogs and nachos is also available. Craft beers and wines are offered for fans to enjoy.
What events and visitor tips are available at Citi Field compared to Coors Field?
Notable Features and History of Citi Field
Citi Field, the home of the New York Mets, is renowned for its unique features and rich history that adds to the stadium’s allure. Let’s take a closer look at some of the standout aspects:
1. Shea Stadium Legacy: Built to replace the iconic Shea Stadium, Citi Field carries on the legacy of its predecessor. Shea Stadium witnessed unforgettable moments, including the Mets’ victorious World Series games in 1969 and 1986, as well as numerous memorable concerts and events. The Home Run Apple from Shea Stadium is a cherished artifact proudly displayed outside of Citi Field.
2. Jackie Robinson Rotunda: Serving as the main entrance, the Jackie Robinson Rotunda pays homage to the legendary baseball player who defied barriers with his remarkable talent and courage. The rotunda’s exhibits and plaques celebrate Robinson’s life, achievements, and enduring impact on the game and society.
3. Design Inspiration: Citi Field’s facade draws inspiration from Ebbets Field, the historic home of the Brooklyn Dodgers. This nod to baseball’s storied past creates a sense of connection and nostalgia for fans. Additionally, the stadium’s seats pay tribute to the renowned Polo Grounds, a former baseball stadium located in Manhattan.
4. Seating Chart: With a variety of seating options, Citi Field caters to every fan’s preferences. From affordable Promenade seats for the budget-conscious to premium club seats and suites for those seeking an elevated experience, the stadium offers a diverse range of choices. The seating chart provides a comprehensive view of the different sections and pricing levels, making it easy for visitors to select their preferred seats.
5. Food Options: Citi Field is a haven for food lovers, satisfying cravings with its diverse culinary offerings. Beyond traditional ballpark fare like hot dogs and nachos, the stadium boasts renowned eateries including Shake Shack, Box Frites, and Arancini Bros. Visitors can indulge in a wide range of cuisines, ensuring a delightful gastronomic experience while enjoying a game or attending an event.