You are maybe not satisfied with the built-in seat that your kayak has. Or feeling discomfort in kayaking with the built-in seat. So it's time to upgrade your kayak seat. In this article, I'll discuss how you can upgrade your kayak seat have a pleasant journey. There will a segment that includes some kayak seats, which can be worth upgrading your kayak seat.
How to upgrade kayak seat
You are feeling uncomfortable in your built-in kayak seat and that's why you want to upgrade yours one for more comfort. It would help if you did certain things for upgrading your kayak seat.
- Support your lower back part: Before upgrading, you must consider releasing the pain from your back. While kayaking, you might feel back pain, which will create discomfort. So select such a seat that supports your lower back part.
- Choose breathable materials: As you are kayaking, it's obvious that your seat will become wet now or then. But if it is made of breathable materials, the seat will become dry very soon, unless this will never give you a relaxed journey and also won't provide relief from the back pain.
- Perfect size: If the seat is too narrow or too wide, you won't feel comfortable in either situation. So first, measure what size of seat the kayaker demands and then choose the right size.
- Flexible seat: Except kayaking, you would like fishing or some other fun during the ride. But without a flexible seat, it's impossible. A flexible seat will allow enjoying the journey without any discomfort.
Best Kayak seat upgrade
1. Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus Seat Back (Black)
This comfortable seat back is made of using UV resistant nylon pack cloth for ensuring excellent durability. This tough nylon construction includes a built-in ventilation system to help to keep any paddler cool and dry. For better adjustment, it has four-way adjustable mounting straps. These adjustable straps on the side allow the paddler to fine-tune the seat to various comfort options. You can have a comfortable full day kayaking with this tall back support. It includes brass swivel buckles for attachment and offers more cushioning than traditional kayak seats.
- Made of UV resistant nylon pack cloth for durability
- 4-way adjustable mounting straps
- Includes built-in ventilation system
- Includes brass swivel buckles for attachment.
2. Pactrade Marine Adjustable Padded Deluxe Kayak Seat
This detachable back backpack or bag canoe backrest comes with adjustable front and rear straps. It is designed with a non-slip contoured padded slip surface. You can easily store this detachable bag or backpack as a kayak accessory. Neoprene and 600D polyester have been used to construct this deluxe kayak seat. In the internal layer, it has EVA foam and PE plate.
- Adjustable front and rear straps
- Non-slip contoured padded slip surface
- Neoprene and 600D polyester used as materials
- EVA foam and PE plates are used in the internal layer.
3. Yakpads Cushioned Seat Pad
This cushioned paddle seat pad is designed for providing optimal versatility. This allows you to fit the seat pad easily on any kayak. It is made of elastomer materials, which is similar to what is used in bicycle seats. However, the seats are firm, but flexible enough that allows it to move while kayaking. These seat pads are gel-filled for full insulation against overly hot or cold seats. From kids to adults, everyone will find comfort sitting in this seat.
- Made of elastomer materials
- The firm, but flexible enough
- Gel-filled seats
- Provides comfortable kayaking from kids to adults.
4. GCI Outdoor SitBacker Adjustable Canoe Seat with Back Support
This adjustable canoe seat comes with patented single buckle auto fold technology with portage lock shoulder strap for easy folding and carrying. It has a dual buckle bench attachment and storage pocket. It is made of using high-quality materials and patented back comfort technology is used for ensuring customized reclining. The seat support weight up to 250 pounds. The width of the seat is 16.5 inches and the seat strap length is 17 inches.
- Made of highest quality materials
- Patented single buckle auto fold technology
- Dual buckle bench attachment and storage pocket
- Easy folding and transport.
5. Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus Seat Back (Black)
This comfortable seat back for kayak features more padding, added built-in ventilation system, reflective logos and a taller seat back for additional support. It is made of UV resistant nylon pack cloth to ensure durability. It has got four-way adjustable mounting straps for creating perfect seating comfort. It is designed for ocean kayak's sit on top kayak models. There are brass swivel buckles for attachment in the seat.
- More padding with an added built-in ventilation system
- A taller seat back for additional support
- Four-way adjustable mounting straps
- A brass swivel buckles for attachment.
6. WOOWAVE Kayak Seat Padded Deluxe Canoe Seat
This deluxe canoe seat is made of durable EVA foam interior and high-quality 210D polyester exterior. You can enjoy long term water sports as it comes with skid-resistant thick foam cushion. It is equipped with four-way adjustable reinforced front and rear webbing straps that allow the seat o e fixed in place according to the demand of the kayaker. It is easy to install and remove.
- Made of durable EVA foam interior
- 210D polyester used in exterior
- Four-way adjustable reinforced front and rear webbing straps
- Easy to install and remove.
Why upgrade kayak seat
There are a few reasons why you need to upgrade the kayak seat. Let's have a look at them.
- To relieve you from the back pain that you are having in the built-in seat.
- The seat is not providing you enough comfort; you would have imagined.
- The seat isn’t providing you enough flexibility.
So I think you have already understood why you need to change or upgrade your kayak seat. And the products I have mentioned are selected which can be worth of choice. I hope for happy kayaking with an upgraded seat.