If you are a kayaker, you might have had kayaking experience under extreme sunshine. You also know what the thing is that it can save you from this intense sunshine, which is not good for your health. Yes, I'm talking about kayak sunshade.
Those who are new in kayaking need to know about this thing to save them from getting sick after kayaking under sunshine. In this article, I'll discuss a few crucial aspects of kayak sunshades and will provide you with a description of some selected items. Best Bike kayak trailers will solve your problem if you are having trouble to carry your favourite kayaks with you.
The kayak sunshade is the equipment you need while kayaking under the extreme sunshine. Kayaking under sunshine is a very familiar thing and the professional kayakers often go through this situation. But, you guys might be aware that intense sunshine and the UV ray are harmful to our body.
This will make us fall sick, what of course a professional kayaker won’t want. That’s why they use a cover over their kayak to save them from the extreme sunshine. The size of the shade depends on your kayak’s size and the type of shade you want. So for comfortable kayaking in under the hot sun, you must use a kayak sunshade.
How does a kayak sunshade work
The main task of a kayak sunshade is to save the kayaker from the excessive hit of the sun and provide him or her a smoother kayaking day. Now let's know how a kayak sun shade actually works.
- A sunshade saves the kayaker from the excessive hit of the sun.
- It hampers the UV ray to attack the skin of the kayaker, which is harmful to any human being.
- A sunshade saves the kayaker from being getting sick because of the extreme sunshine.
- For a comfortable kayaking experience, a kayaker would love to keep a sunshade always with him or her.
- Though it is the less important work a kayak sunshade does, I would like to mention it. If your sunshade is colourful and attractive enough, it will add beauty to your kayak undoubtedly.
Best kayak sunshade
1. Adventure Canopies Kayak Sun Shade - 10 Foot & Larger Single Person Kayaks
This kayak sunshade provides 10 square feet of shade. It measures 54 inches in length and conveniently adapts to any kayak with exceptional stability during windy and rough weather conditions. It comes with an adjustable height. It is built with stainless steel hardware, but very much lightweight.
- Provides 10 square feet of shade
- 54 inches in length
- Exceptionally stable in rough weather.
2. Hobie Kayak Sun Shade
This kayak sunshade is designed to withstand all of the action from water adventures as it is constructed with lightweight ripstop nylon, which is rugged and durable. The UPF 50+ fabric protects from the powerful sun rays.
- UPF 50+ fabric
- Constructed with lightweight ripstop nylon
3. Lixada Kayak Boat Canoe Sun Shade Canopy for Single Person
This kayak boar canoe is designed with durable oxford cloth and strong aviation aluminium rod. It offers approximately 8 square feet of shade. It is easy to install.
- Made of ripstop, water-resistant oxford cloth and shock cord aluminium rod
- Offers 8 square feet of shade
- Folds compact and lightweight.
4. MOOCY Sun Shade Canopy for Kayak Canoe
This kayak canoe is made of coated sunscreen cloth and collapsible aluminium rod. It offers approximately 8 square feet of shade. The canoe is easy to set up and fold down.
- Made of coated sunscreen cloth and collapsible aluminium rod
- Offers eight sq ft of shade
- Easy to setup.
5. Sport-Brella Versa-Brella SPF 50+ Adjustable Umbrella
It comes with a rugged cover and durable connector. The UPF 50+ protection keeps the skin safe from harmful UV rays. It has an adjustable angle with 360 swivel design.
- Rugged cover and durable connector
- UPF 50+ protection
- Adjustable angle design.
Kayak sun shade cost
You will find different kayak sun shades of different sizes and different designs in the market. It depends on your kayak size and type of shade you demand. Because of the variation in design, the cost of kayak sunshade also varies. You will find both cheap and expensive sunshade for your kayaks. Depending on the difference in designs, the cost of kayak sun shade ranges from $20 to $250.
If you want the shade for only saving yourself from the excessive sunshine and you own a small size kayak, then you can buy one spending within $80. But for a large kayak and if you are looking for a sunshade which will cover the whole kayak, it will surely cost you near $200 or even more than that. So, firs ensure what you want and then purchase for the right product.
How to install a kayak sunshade
After buying a kayak sunshade, you might be worrying about how to install it or what things are necessary for installing a kayak sunshade. Well, here I'm providing you with the ways to install your new kayak sunshade in your kayak.
- For the installation process, you need a cover or sunshade with hubs, screwdriver, drill machine, spreader bar, installation instruction etc. things.
- First of all, you have to set up the forward hubs one to three inches back from your front backrest.
- Then install the rear hubs measuring 27 inches far from the front hub.
- After setting the hubs, it's time to set the subframe in the exact place on the kayak.
- Then if your kayak sunshade set has a wind spreader bar, connect it into tee up and tighten it.
- At last, unfold your sunshade and connect it to the subframe. Now you can enjoy comfortable kayaking by saving yourself from the excessive sunshine.
A kayak sunshade can save you from getting sick and spoil your kayaking experience. So for the professional kayakers and recreational ones, I would highly recommend using a kayak sunshade when you are riding under extreme sunlight.