If you are not a hardworking guy and didn’t do a minimum workout of your stomach, you will surely feel pain in the stomach while jumping on a trampoline. Jumping on a trampoline is a fun game as long as it doesn’t hurt the jumpers or create any injuries.
Before doing any hard works or exercises, you need to warm yourself up first. But most jumpers don't pay heed to this as they take trampoline jumping only as a fun element. Soon they understand the mistake when their stomach hurts. Even jumping on mini trampolines could cause unusual pain in the stomach.
Can jumping on a trampoline hurt your stomach
Undoubtedly jumping on a trampoline can hurt your stomach. But the scenario is not similar for every jumper. While jumping on a trampoline, one works on his stomach muscles, which helps him keep the balance during the jumps. But when the muscle is not prepared to take the continuous jumping loads, it simply hurts.
When the pain in the stomach seems acute, you should stop jumping. However, not doing so might injure your stomach muscle as well. The strength of the core muscle plays an important role to prevent such pains in the stomach. Also, you can reduce the chances of stomach pains by strengthening your abs.
Why one feels stomach pain while trampoline jumping
When someone starts doing hard workouts without a minimum warm-up session, he is supposed to feel stomach and a lot of other pains. Jumping on trampolines is undoubtedly a hardworking thing.
- The main reason for having stomach pain while jumping is the lack of warm-up sessions.
- It will also hurt if you provide a lot of stress on the abdominal muscles, which plays the most important role in keeping the balance while jumping.
- The acceleration of blood circulation can also result in stomach pain while jumping.
- If you don't stretch your body parts often and jumping on trampolines after a long time, it could also be a reason behind the pain.
- Eating before or after jumping can also cause stomach pains.
How to avoid stomach pains while jumping
To enjoy jumping on the trampoline properly, you need to stay healthy and fit. For this, it's also necessary to do a few things to avoid stomach pains.
- The first thing, you must not have a meal before jumping.
- Don’t start jumping, especially when you are doing this after a long time without any warm-ups.
- Never hold your breath during jumps; rather ensure continuous inhale and exhales.
- You shouldn’t put too much pressure on the abdominal muscles.
Is the trampoline jumping badly for you?
If you aren’t worried about trampoline costs, then you might love to buy and set up one in your backyard for jumping fun. But is it bad for you? No, it isn't as long as you avoid excessive jumping and also don't ensure the safety of the jumpers.
Trampoline is used for fun purposes, but at times it can turn out to be dangerous. Jumping on it without any safety can cause several injuries, and some of them are also acute. It can cause injuries in the legs, hands, neck, head, or other parts of the body.
It definitely becomes a bad thing for them when you are letting your kids jump on a trampoline without ensuring their safety.
Should you skip jumping when the stomach is upset
Without any doubt, you should give up jumping if the stomach is upset. Continuing to jump in such situations won't help you out; rather it will make the situation worst.
- Your stomach can be upset due to diarrhea, nausea, spasms, or cramps. And these are not pleasant situations for any kind of workout.
- Jumping in such conditions could make you dehydrated and you will soon run out of energy.
- The stomach will be well within 24 hours, but the jumping will only make the pain stay longer and bother your health.
What are the common pains from trampoline jumping
As I said earlier, a trampoline is a fun element when you have used Trampoline Safety safety pads on the side rails and ensured other safety. But it often turns out a dangerous thing and causes several pains to the users. Sometimes these pains result in acute injures as well.
- The strain on the neck muscles can cause neck and head pain.
- Jumping on trampolines without warm-ups can cause abdominal pain.
- If somehow the ankle rotates during landing, it will create leg pain.
- False landings can also result in joint pain and heel pain.
- Inappropriate breathing, improper hand movements are the main reason behind chest pain.
- Incorrect landing can also cause ear pain, which is tough to avoid.
- If you take more than enough loads on the spine area, it will create back pain chances while jumping.
- Due to wrong and excessive hand movements, shoulders are pressurized. And when you land incorrectly, it results in shoulder pain.
What muscles do you use while jumping on a trampoline
Any workout or exercise impacts most of the body muscles and improves functionality. Although trampoline jumping is regarded mostly as a fun game, it still uses a lot of muscles.
- Having a balanced landing on the trampoline works with leg muscles especially. The back and hip muscles are important here.
- Arm and neck muscles are crucial to maintain coordination and ensure a safe landing.
- Abdominal muscles also improve the balance of your body.
Can trampoline jumping reduce pain
Having the least safety on the trampoline and doing imperfect stretching of the body parts cause pains while jumping. But a trampoline can also come in handy in reducing pain. It can't fully reduce the pain but can ensure a slight reduction for sure.
- If you need the strength of ached muscle, a trampoline can strengthen it.
- The shock-absorbing feature of the trampoline mat will ensure the rest of your joint.
- It also distributes the impact in several body parts to prevent the long-term effect.
Basic safety features of trampoline jumping
Before letting your kids jump on the trampolines you must ensure the safety features. There are some basic things one can do to ensure safety while jumping on a trampoline.
- Never choose an uneven space to set up a trampoline.
- The grass is the safest surface for trampoline setup as it provides a soft surface.
- If you have large buildings around the trampoline, you should immediately take it away from there.
- Install safety pads on the side rails and safety nets surrounding the trampoline.
- If there is any damage or tear, fix it before starting to jump.
- Make sure you don't have anything in your pocket or even around the trampoline that could hurt.
- Don’t allow kids less than 6 years old on any trampoline.
- While jumping, try jumping in the middle, not along the side rails.
- It is safer when only one person jumps on a trampoline at a time.
How long should one jump on a trampoline?
Well, you can jump on a trampoline as long as you have the energy to jump. But according to the experts, it is better not to jump more than 20-25 minutes in a row. Give a bit of relaxation to the muscles, unless it can cause any unwanted injuries.
Last Updated on July 20, 2022 by Efti