Are you worried about how to improve your throwing, hitting, serving, spiking skills in volleyball? Then I have brought you a solution in this regard. This review of volleyball machines is selected from numerous machines in the market and these machines are going to help you improve volleyball skills through practice sessions.
In this list of best volleyball machines I have kept, Skill Attack Volleyball Machine on the top. This extremely portable machine serves balls at a speed of 40 MPH or up. An interesting part of this article contains the facts you need to look at before choosing with this review. So, continue reading this article……
Related post: volleyball training equipment reviews
Best volleyball machine
1. Skill Attack Volleyball Machine
Brand: Sports Attack
Weight: 60 pounds
- Ball releases from 5 feet 3 inches
- Speed ranges from soft sets to 40+ MPH.
- Extremely portable machine
- Easy storage and transportation.
This is an extremely portable volleyball machine that can be a great daily companion for a volleyball player looking for improving volleyball skills. The skill attack machine releases the ball from a release point of 5 feet 3 inches. Volleyball players of any level can easily rely on this machine to do better in volleyball.
The machine releases balls at an incredible speed. The speed of the ball ranges from soft sets to 40 MPH or up. As the machine is extremely portable, it fits into the trunk of any car, so you don't need to worry about the machine's transportation. It also fits through standard doorways, which makes it suitable for easy storing.
- The ball feed basket provides consistent ball delivery and also serves as a handle.
- The speed dial allows the operator to select speed, spin, and no-spin.
- The tripod design ensures a strong and sturdy base.
- There are locking and non-marking casters available for increased mobility.
- The wheel guard protects the operator.
2. Attack II Volleyball Machine
Brand: Sports Attack
Weight: 196 pounds
- Adjustable ball release point from 5 feet 6 inches to 8 feet 6 inches
- Speed ranges from soft sets to 70+ MPH.
- Extremely portable
- A heavy-duty canvas ball bag is included.
This extremely portable volleyball machine from Sports Attack extends over the women's volleyballl net height. The machine comes with an adjustable ball release point. The release point ranges from 5 feet 6 inches to 8 feet 6 inches. The machine also releases the balls at a good speed. The ball releasing speed of the machine ranges from soft sets to 70 MPH or up.
As the machine is extremely portable, you don't need to worry about the transportation of it. The machine fits into any pickup or standard size SUV for comfortable transport. It also fits through standard size doorways for easy storage. The machine is equipped with a heavy-duty canvas ball bag that includes 15 volleyballs.
- The heavy-duty canvas bag carries up to 15 volleyballs at a time.
- The shock absorber cord allows the throwing head to be raised or lowered easily.
- The safety chain encloses the operator on the platform for safer operation.
- The locating pins instantly position the throwing head into serving and setting positions.
- There are large, non-marking casters to ensure extra mobility.
3. Volleyball Hitting Trainer - Practice & Training Aid for Spiking a Volleyball
- Learn to spike with accuracy and power
- Made for all ages
- Improves timing and footwork
- Automatic hitting for individual training.
This practice and training aid from PowerSpike is made for all ages of volleyball players who want to improve their skills. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or a collegiate level player; you can always choose this training aid to develop your skills. You can set up this item and practice it in your home.
This training aid is made for improving your timing and footwork during the game. As volleyball is a game that requires quick feet movement, you need to improve this with this training aid. If you are thinking of practicing volleyball individually, it has automatic hitting for this. You can learn to spike with accuracy and power through this training aid.
- It is easy to transport because of the lightweight design.
- These volleyball hitting trainers are easy to set up within a few minutes.
- It provides continuous hitting by holding 3 balls at a time.
- It is made for all ages.
- It offers single usage as well as in groups.
4. Pure drop Volleyball serve trainer
Weight: 3.25 ounces
- Elastic double reinforced cord
- The cord length is adjustable up to 5 feet 9 inches.
- Fits to any volleyball
- Comfortable and size are adjustable around the waist.
This volleyball serve trainer from Puredrop fits any volleyball. It is designed with a neoprene pouch with an adjustable length that holds standard volleyball and beach volleyball. The pouch is attached to an elastic cord, which is attached to the Velcro waist straps. It can also have water polo, soccer or basketball.
The trainer is equipped with an elastic double reinforced cord, which is adjustable in length. For having a better experience, you should go for a cord that suits your height. The cord of this trainer can be adjusted up to 5 feet 9 inches. The elastic cord guides the ball back after every swing. So you can have easy ball fetching without interruption.
- The Velcro strap can be adjusted depending on the different sizes of the waist.
- The elastic strap efficiently brings back the ball after hitting forward.
- The adjustable length of the pouch holds any standard volleyball and also beach volleyball.
- It allows the user to find the optimal height for comfortable solo training.
5. The edge pro- The Perfect Aid for Spike Training, Serve Training
Brand: The Edge Pro Volleyball Trainer
Weight: 30 pounds
- Easily adjustable hitting height
- Lightweight item
- Easy to move and carry
- Easy to set up and takedown.
This spike training aid from The Edge Pro Volleyball Trainer comes with an easily adjustable hitting height. The adjustable size makes this trainer a perfect one for both beginner and collegiate level players. The trainer is lightweight and very easy to move.
So you can comfortably take it on the go and practice anywhere you like. The trainer is easy to set up and takedown. It comes with setup circuit courses and works on power, strength and speed.
- The user can travel freely carrying this training item as it is lightweight.
- The regulation height of the volleyball net upfront allows the user to practice conveniently.
- It helps to work on footwork, speed, power, and swing mechanics.
- It is easy to set up and starts the training session.
6. TopFan Volleyball Spike Training System
Weight: 3.1 ounces
- Adjustable design
- Large hook to link
- Improved flexible holder
- Adjustable elastic cord to accommodate any hitter’s height.
This spike training system from TopFan comes with an adjustable design. It comes with a large hook for the link-up and improved flexible holder. The elastic cord of this trainer is adjustable to accommodate any height.
The trainer is elementary to use. A volleyball hitter can improve timing, speed and power of hitting through practicing with this trainer. It also prevents neck and shoulder pains.
- The training system is easy to use as it connects easily to basketball goals, poles, broom handles, backyard playsets, and garage ceilings.
- Using it can prevent shoulder and neck pain of the user.
- It improves the jumping ability of the young volleyball athlete.
- It strengthens the body of the athlete through consistent spiking of the ball.
7. Volleyball Training Aid Original Spike Trainer
Brand: Start Right Sports
- Flexible spike trainer
- Lightweight spike trainer
- Durable and long-lasting
- Breaks down to less than 3 feet.
This spike trainer is flexible enough to provide you a proper technique arm swing extension approach. You can improve your left-right jumping techniques through this trainer. The spike stick is adjustable, which offers it to hold the ball correctly without leaning over.
This is, of course, a lightweight trainer that is easy for transportation. The durable design of this trainer makes it long-lasting. It is easy to set up and break down to less than 3 feet and assures easy transport.
- The spike trainer is usable in the home arena or the training camps.
- It provides easy transportation to the user as it breaks down to 3 feet after use.
- The manufacturer has used foam in the trainer to cover up the user during miss-hits.
- It has a durable steel extension pole.
- The addition of a quality foam holder ensures the longevity of the trainer.
8. Smart Spike Volleyball Training Aid. Jump Higher
Brand: Smart Spike
- Luxurious design
- Usable in both indoor and outdoor conditions
- Improves skills faster
- Train individually or team.
This training aid from Smart Spike comes with a luxurious design. The training aid is designed to allow using it in both indoor and outdoor conditions. Players from 6 to 30 years can quickly improve their skills in volleyball through this trainer.
If you are a beginner and want to develop your volleyball skills faster, what could be a better choice than this training aid? You can practice individually or team with this trainer.
- This training aid is used for higher jumps and harder hits to the volleyball.
- It is usable in any condition at any time of the day.
- The practice of spiking through this training aid can improve the timing on the court.
- It also works to improve the accuracy and footwork of the athlete.
9. Volleyball Training Aid - Smart Spike - Hitting – Trainer
Brand: Great Volleyball Training
- Stainless steel construction
- Develops skills faster
- Luxurious design
- Extremely sturdy.
This volleyball training aid from Great Volleyball Training is constructed of high-quality stainless steel. The steel construction of this training aid makes it a sturdier one for the players.
This stainless steel volleyball training aid can develop your skills faster than most other trainers. You can practice with it anywhere you like. Volleyball players from 10 to 20 years are recommended for using this training for better results. For setup, ceiling height from 7 to 9 feet is better.
- The stainless steel construction makes the trainer a long-lasting one.
- The luxurious design makes it attractive for young volleyball players.
- It is usable anywhere inside the house.
- Sets up at a moderate height on the ceiling.
10. Practice Your Serving, Setting & Spiking with Ease
Brand: Volleyball Star
- Constructed of high-quality materials
- Durable Velcro straps
- Smart design adjustment system
- Adjustable elastic cord up to 78 inches.
This training aid form Volleyball Star comes with a smart design adjustment system. The adjustable height of the serving trainer makes it suitable for any age of volleyball player. The trainer is made of using high-quality materials and durable Velcro straps.
You can improve your volleyball serving skills fast without requiring help from another player. The adjustable length of the elastic cord increases up to 78 inches and the minimum size of the cord is 40 inches. It is also equipped with volleyball finger protection.
- The finger protection offers protection while serving and spiking.
- The length and width of the elastic cord cover more area.
- Two setting trainer straps for proper hand placement.
- The drawstring bag allows easy transportation of these training kits.
Read more: Above Ground Pool Volleyball Net Reviews
Most of the time, buyers fall in confusion while buying a volleyball machine because they don't know what to look at before choosing the right machine and that's when it turns out difficult for them to select the right product. To make this task more comfortable, I will provide a few crucial factors below, which you need to look at before choosing a volleyball machine.
- Indoor or outdoor use: Many brands provide volleyball machines that are usable in indoor and outdoor conditions. If you are buying this machine for adult players, then you don't need this feature. But for kids or beginners, if your machine lets you use it indoor, then it is a plus point.
- Adjustable ball fetching point: If the machine has an adjustable ball fetching point, then players of different height and ages can go on with this machine to improve their skills.
- Ball fetching speed: The machine must fetch balls at a regulation speed, which helps the player to hit and spike the ball with accuracy.
- Adjustable elastic points for supporting any balls: The elastic cord needs to have an adjustable length to feet any regulation size volleyball and sometimes it also fits other sports balls.
- Sturdiness: Unless the machine is sturdy, you will have an interruption during the practice session and this will undoubtedly discourage you.
- Durability: You may not like to change the machine or trainer after using it for a short time. That's why to look for a well-constructed machine that comes with durability and long-lasting guarantee.
What is a volleyball machine?
The machine used for receiving the serves, spiking or hitting a volleyball, is known as volleyball. It is a great practice companion for the volleyball players who wants to improve different skills like spiking, serving, hitting in volleyball. It throws balls rapidly after the regulation interval to provide accuracy to the players.
How to build a volleyball hitting machine?
For building a hitting machine, you need to assure a strong base for providing sturdiness during the practice hours. Then use pipe and steel to make the leg support. At the top part of the machine, there should be a hitting arm designed for releasing balls. Now your machine is ready for improving your volleyball skills through the continuous release of balls.
How much does a volleyball machine weigh?
The weight of volleyball machines depends mainly on the construction and weight of the machine's battery. Most of the volleyball machines weigh between 25 to 80 pounds, including the battery. More massive machines are sturdier but a bit difficult for transport comparing to the lighter machines.
You might have loved reading this article if you are genuinely looking for a volleyball machine to improve your volleyball skills. The machines discussed in this article have qualities to serve you much. But first, you need to choose the right machine to let it help you in the best way. And that's why the buying guide section has been included just after the discussion of the products. You must read it carefully to know what factors are needed to consider before buying a volleyball machine. You guys often ask questions regarding these machines. So I have also added a FAQ section at the end. Overall I think you will choose the right volleyball machine after reading this article and improving your skills.