Being a tennis player, you have to run around your court area frequently, and this always puts pressure on your feet. That's why you need to wear the best shoes in your feet to save your feet from getting injured or feel tired easily. The quality of the shoes affects your game greatly as your comfort inside the court depends on what kind of shoes you are wearing.
Well, not only the quality of the shoes that affect your game, because you just can't imagine playing a game with wearing a dirty pair of shoes that are giving bad smell. So the cleanliness of the pair of shoes you are wearing also is important for you if you want to have a top-level of comfort during the game.
Many of you guys maybe a concerned with the cleanliness of your tennis shoes but don't know how to clean your shoes in the right way. That's why I have come here and writing this article providing information with the method of washing your tennis shoes perfectly. Well, you can wash your shoes in two methods. One is with the help of a washing machine, and the other one is without a washing machine. Now let’s discuss these two methods in detail.
Washing tennis shoes without washing machine
Let’s do this washing step by step.
- First, clean the upper surface of the shoes with a damp rag. If you have excess dirt, mud, or grass on the surface, then you have to scrub the place with the rag.
- Then turn your attention towards the soles of the shoes. Clean the soles of the shoes with a toothbrush and warm soapy water. You have to do this work with a lot of strength because if you scrub the sole with huge pressure, then it will be easier for you to remove the dirt from the soles of the shoes.
- After taking the dirt off from the upper part of the shoes and also from the sole, you need to rinse the shoes. As you have used soapy water, you need to get rid of this soap residue. You can do this over a sink or a bucket of water.
- Then before washing the pair shoes, finally, you should remove the insoles and shoelaces from it. These may contain a lot of dirt. So removing shoelaces and insole will make it rather easier for you to put your shoes in a bucket and wash. You should put the insole and shoelaces in a separate bucket and remove the dirt from them.
- Then take a scrubber in hand and sink down the shoes in a bucket of water. The bucket will be full of normal hot temperature water mixed with detergent. Then sink the shoes in the bucket and take it up from the water. Then use the scrubber to remove the dirt from the shoes. Remember, water should not be too hot. In that case, the glue bond in your shoes might get weaken, crack, or melt. And another thing to remember is that you should not use a fabric softener to wash the shoes. This will leave a residue, which will even attract more dirt in your shoes.
- After washing, it's time to dry up your shoes. After washing the shoes properly, insert stuff dry washcloths inside the shoes and squeeze them to remove the extra water that is placed into the shoes for being sinking it into the bucket full of detergent water.
- Don’t use a dryer to make your shoes dry. This will damage the quality of the shoes and also the longevity of the product.
- Well, you had taken off the shoelaces and insole from the shoes and washed them separately. Take these shoelaces and insole from the other bucket also.
- Now put the shoelaces, insole and the pair of shoes in the open-air area to dry for 24 hours before using it again. If your shoes are not properly dried up then you will surely find discomfort wearing this pair of shoes. So make sure the shoes are kept in such a place that provides enough air and sunshine that helps the shoes to get dryer as soon as possible.
- If you want to have your shoes dry bit earlier, then you can do one thing. Just ball up a few sheets of newspaper and stuff the shoes with it. This will also help your shoes to keep its original shape.
Thus you can wash your tennis shoes without using a washing machine.
Washing tennis shoes in the washing machine
Well, the washing process is very much same. Just in place of bucket, you need to use the washing machine, which is also a very easier process to wash your tennis shoes.
- Before putting the shoes into the washing machine, you need to place your shoes in a mesh bag or pillowcase. This will protect your shoes. If you are using pillow case then use rubber bands to secure it.
- Then add extra padding in the washing machine to cushion the shoes. You need to use two large bath towels minimum to wash the shoes.
- Wash shoes, shoelaces, insoles using gentle cycle of washing. You can use both cold and hot water to wash them.
- Then follow the drying steps given above and make your shoes ready for use again.
video: How to clean shoes in a washing machine (without ruining them)
Last Updated on July 26, 2022 by Efti